

Yep, another month late but two days after Christmas we celebrated Joshua's 3rd birthday. The night before we enjoyed decorating the downstairs with streamers and balloons.

The morning of his birthday we all woke up to a lot of 'wows' and 'oohs ahhs' just as on Christmas Day. Joshua is smothered in gifts and fun celebrations due to his birthday and Christmas being within 3 days of each other. It's crazy! He once again enjoyed opening gifts in mommy and daddy's bed - a tradition we have continued on from Aaron's family.

Later that afternoon we met up with some family and went bowling. We got a fantastic family package with bowling and delicious food. We all had so much fun and Josh came in second on our first game, he nearly beat us all. It was so cute to watch him pick up his 6 lb bowling ball and roll it down the lane (he used the guide of course :)).


After bowling we all headed back to our house for cake and ice cream and more gifts from grandma and grandpa. I made a delicious two layer brownie cake that Josh seemed to enjoy. I am not extremely creative but I did include a train track on it - I think he appreciated that...
We had a fantastic day and I cannot believe our little boy is already 3. Time flies by so fast and here we are awaiting the arrival of our first daughter.
Kimmy your cake is very impressive and professional well done. I love the photo's of Josh he looks so cute and happy ;-)
ReplyDeleteWell done on the cake- you'll have to send me the recipe when you get chance. Looks like Josh had a great birthday! xx
ReplyDeleteI can't believe they are 3!!! Hope all goes well for you over the next month x x
ReplyDeleteI am DYING for you to have that baby of yours already!! Update us PLEASE!
ReplyDelete