05 December 2013

Thought from this fine Thursday morning

Today started out much much better. We had some good laughs with a great couple we have come to love last night and it helped make me much happier.

This morning I woke up at 6:30 to a surprise. Rebecca slept 10.5 hours last night. She goes to bed at 8:00 and usually sleeps 8 hours but last night she went 10 and a half. It was heavenly to get a good stretch of sleep again.

As I got up to feed her and said goodbye to Aaron I got a whiff of a heavenly smell.
Now to back things up a bit, men lather up really well in their cologne sprays here. My mom and I noticed it when she was here, every man we would pass weather it be in the grocery store or passing at the petrol station, they would smell so divine. It's never a bad smell either, they always smell so amazingly good.

For Aaron's birthday I set out to find some divine smells so that I could experience them more often. ;)  I came across these two beauties and love them, they seriously smell so good I wish I could share them with you all. Mmmm Yum! I think they give Aaron more confidence as well after riding on a seriously smelly train and bus every day :) haha

Versace Man Eau Fraiche Cologne and Davidoff Champion Energy



It feels as if we have so much time in the morning before taking Josh to school. With everyone waking up between 6:30 and 7:00 we have 2 hours before going. Such a different experience from before where I was sending Josh to the bus stop at 7:30.
This morning the kids joined me in my workout, it was brilliant! Josh can bust out 25 sit ups and 50 Russian Twists like nothing. Then there is me acting like a wimp and can barely do 10, my body seriously feels like i've lost all strength and I have to remind myself that I just had a baby over 2 months ago.. It takes time I guess.
We dropped Josh off at school and he was happy and energetic, thats how we like to see him. When we got back home I went to take a shower, this is when the horrific experience came.

I have serious arachnophobia, real serious problem here. So moving to Australia where the spiders are much much larger and deadlier doesn't help my problem much. The spiders haven't been too bad but seem to be getting worse as it gets hotter. Yikes. At church on sunday Joseph looked up at the ceiling and shouts 'spider' we all look up (yes probably half the congregation) and it's a baby huntsman. WHAT? Not cool, I'm imagining it falling onto my lap or into my hair, I'm freaking out inside but no one else seems to be bothered. Yuck.
We also get lots of small ones in the house, no big problem and lots of daddy long legs everywhere. Again not a problem when you see what else we are dealing with…
First off the spiders seem so much smarter and faster here, they are seriously so fast and run in different motions, not just forward sideways or back, they can go in circles making it harder to catch them. Craziness.

Let me paint a picture for you:

I get in the shower, it's a colder morning (house was at 10c / 50f) so I was excited for a nice warm shower. Yes, once again, the weather is crazy and can be super hot and then cool back down the next day. I grab the shampoo off the floor and as I turn it over, grab the bottom to squeeze it feels furry. First thing that runs through my head "hmm that fills a little fuzzy, surely there couldn't be mold on the bottom of this yet" As i move the shampoo much to my dismay there is a large hairy spider about 3 inches in diameter, IN MY HAND!!! I scream, shake my hand and scream again. Now Im about to cry (yes I am a baby) I jump out of the shower and watch it freak out on the floor of the shower. Its fast and way too big to go down the drain so I knew I had to kill it.

I literally had to vocally talk my way through it as I got one of Aaron's shoes and chased it around in the shower. Not cool, not cool at all. I am now paranoid and probably will be for the rest of the day thinking i'll come across another animal.  Seriously, the big ones are not considered insects in my mind, they are small animals. I don't know what kind of spider it was, huntsman, water spider etc but I know it was big enough for me.



We have been told stories about these beauties showing up in bedrooms and cars. Yes, a huntsman was just chilling in a car behind the front shade. I would probably crash. At least they are not harmful is what we are told, I still view them as deadly though.


2 comments:

  1. I don't really mind spiders but that one would have made me freak out, I agree thats not a spider, thats a small animal! YIKES!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly think it would take me a week to get up the courage to shower again. When we had a mouse in our pantry a couple months back I wouldn't even walk past the pantry door. I had to walk around the couch in fear that it would magically come out and eat me or something. Spiders are not any better. If it were me I would check the shower before every single shower for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete