I am still working on getting another post up of pictures and more details from our New Beginnings night, but I am getting lots of requests for the script for Eve.
I condensed the other scripts slightly so they weren't so long; most of them ended up the length similar to Eve's.
My wonderful father-in-law wrote up this script for me so all credit goes to him.
Eve, the mother of all living
I am Eve, the first woman on earth. My husband Adam called me 'Eve', "The Mother of all Living". I first lived in the Garden of Eden, it was very beautiful and everything was in its order patterned after 'Fathers' Kingdom.
Adam and I were asked by Heavenly Father to care for all of the animals and give them a name; we were blessed with a wonderful opportunity to learn and to grow in knowledge, understanding and wisdom. I was called to set the pattern for all future mothers that would come down to earth, with a mandate from Heavenly Father to bring up our children in light and truth.
I received all the blessings of the gospel, I have enjoyed the gifts of the Spirit, and have sought to prepare my posterity for like blessings.
When we left the Garden of Eden we called upon the name of the Lord, and offered sacrifices to Him, this was in similitude of the great sacrifice that our Elder Brother Jesus Christ would do for us, He would one day come to earth to take upon Himself all the sins of the world and break the bonds of death which would bless us all with immortality and we could have eternal life dependent on our obedience.
Therefore, in the beginning, we were given the perfect pattern which was set for perfecting the family. The man and the woman should be together in worship; together in teaching their children, and establishing the family unit, that hopefully, will endure into the eternities forever.
I hope that you will cherish motherhood and the sacred role of womanhood, for it is ordained of God that we should bring love and harmony into our families and draw each one closer to God.
Thank you so much!!!
ReplyDeleteKim, I was just put in with a new YW's presidency. We are just getting an opportunity to start our NEW Beginnings program, and i loved the idea of highlighting the women in the scriptures! Could you please email us your script to ltraher@hotmail.com? I would sincerely appreciate it!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for all of your wonderful additions to this great program. I was wondering if you have a copy of the condensed versions of the female torch bearers that you might be able to email me?
ReplyDeleteIf so, please send them to: kle.design@hotmail.com
*We are doing the program this next Wednesday.
I've been reading all your great ideas for NB here and on Sugardoodle. Thanks for sharing! I'm still interested in seeing your photos of your evening with the girls. We are planning our own Opening Cerimonies for early March.
ReplyDeleteBrittney
I've been so busy i've not had a chance to reply to many of you. I have posted some pictures now if you want to check them out. http://presbury.blogspot.com/2010/02/pictures-from-new-beginnings.html
ReplyDeleteI know this is a long shot but do you remember where you ordered the wood roses online? If you do, would you mind emailing me Schlappijoe@yahoo.com
ReplyDelete