I came across this really good idea on Sugardoodle a few weeks ago by Melanie. From there I adjusted and changed a few things to create our own program.
Melanie Davidson created this really cute graphic including the value colors in the rings and the YW Torch. I used her graphic and created this announcement/invitation.
Last night for Young Womens I had the Laurels and Mia Maids create Sashes and flags that the girls will wear as they follow the 'torch bearer' (the Laurel President) into the room. As the Olympic music is being played they will all proceed into the room in the order of the value colors. The Laurel president made a torch similar to the YW Torch that she will carry into the room. She will then speak about the 2010 theme, torch and motto. The girls following in will be each assigned a value. Each value will be assigned a woman from the scriptures that they will all speak about once the torch is passed to them.
Sariah for Faith
Elisabeth for Individual Worth
Mary for Divine Nature
Emma Smith for Knowledge
Esther for Integrity
Ruth for Good Works
Hanna for Choice and Accountablility
Eve for Virtue
I got these scripts from the Layton Hills Stake for the first 7 values. I am still working on writing up a script for Eve on Virtue.
Click HERE to get the scripts.
Throughout the rest of the program I have an athlete speaking and the young women presidency will be introducing the new girls and recognizing those that have already received their awards. We will each explain the yw symbols and meanings. We will also be going through the new Personal Progress stuff and explaining changes and new awards/certificates.
The bishop will then close with his remarks. After that we will be presenting the girls all with a little gift. I ordered wooden roses online getting them all in the value colors. So each of the girls will be getting a little bouquet of these gorgeous wooden roses in all the value colors.
I will take pictures of the roses, banners and flags on the night and post them here.
I am excited to see how this all turns out. Please feel free to share any suggestions you may have!


Hi, I got your blog off sugar doodle. What cute ideas you have added to the opening ceremonies idea. I was just in the process of making invitations and working on our scrip, but I loved yours so we will just be making it work for us. Thanks for sharing your ideas. I will check back to see what ideas you have for Eve!! Thanks Misty Kesler
ReplyDeleteI am using several ideas from you and the ideas first posted on sugardoodle. Thanks so much! I would like to use pictures of the women as the girls read about them though and am having a difficult time finding them. Any suggestions? I would like to see your ideas on Eve too. Thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your take on this idea, it sounds great. I'm in the planning process, wondering if you have anything for Mary-Virtue that you might share? thanks.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE how your announcement/invitation turned out! I hope it's ok with you that I want to copy it (and just change the wording/dates a little). I can't seem to copy/paste it, though. Do you mind emailing it to me? And, we'll see if I can make it work that way. My email address is kelsey_heiner@yahoo.com. Thanks you soo much for your great ideas! I hope your New Beginnings goes well this Tuesday! If you have time, tell us all about it!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!
Kelsey
Hi! i also found your blog from Sugardoodle and loved all your ideas! Your family is darling, looks a lot like mine, and i also do a little photography on the side! :)
ReplyDeleteI have the job of making our invites and yours are great! If it's ok, I will tweek them a little and use them for ours!
It's so fun to be able to have this huge resource of other women with similar callings that are so creative to go to! Thanks again!
Brandi Parry
St. George, UT
Hi! After trying to make my own invitations, I found YOURS! I absolutely love it! Would it be okay with you if we just tweaked it a bit with our information but used your basic format? I've tried to copy and paste, but it doesn't look as nice. Would it be possible for you to email it to me. My email address is kaye0791@msn.com. Thank you for such wonderful ideas and creativity! The girls are so excited to use the Olympic Theme and present this as a group. It's wonderful to have so many creative people who are willing to share their ideas.
ReplyDeleteThanks again!
Becky
Kim! I have been thinking about New Beginnings this week so what a gift from heaven you are! =) Would it be possible to email me over all your plans/ideas so I can look at it properly? I don't want to be cheeky though so tell me if I am! =) xx
ReplyDeleteThank you for all of your wonderful comments. Our New Beginnings was this past Tuesday and it went so well. I am glad that I was able to help you all out a little bit.
ReplyDeleteA comment was left about what pictures I used. There are pictures of all the women in the gospel picture library accept for Elisabeth. For her I just used the picture of her son Jon the Baptist baptizing Jesus.
You are more than welcome to use anything for New Beginnings that I post on my blog. I am happy to help.
I am working on a new blog post in which i'll put up pictures, Eve's script and more specifics on the pictures I used.
Good luck to you all!
PS. I've sent a couple of you emails with invite attachment. Let me know if you didn't get them.
will you be able to post the script for eve by feb 3. my email is ibebuffy@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteHi Kimberly,
ReplyDeleteI also was directed to your blog from sugardoodle. I'm excited about this program and am thankful for people like you who take the time to share your talents. Thank you. I really like your invitation and have been trying to work with copy and paste but it just isn't working. If you have time would you email me the invitation. Thank you- Colleen from Pennsylvania
clcratty@zoominternet.net
Hello!! Your ideas are great!! It's so nice of you to share!! We are getting ready for our New Beginnings night and were wondering if you have a script for Eve yet?? Will you e-mail it to me if you have it? s.crawford@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
Shelley
I love the ideas of incorporating the women of value and the olympcis. I am using it for our New Beginnings which is Wednesday February 3. Is there anyway I can get the script for Eve by Tuesday the 2nd. My email is fjhyer_82@msn.com. Thanks again for sharing Sister Janell Hyer
ReplyDeleteOk Ladies,
ReplyDeleteI have just posted the script for Eve. Just check out the post on my blog.
http://presbury.blogspot.com/2010/01/eves-script.html
Hope this helps!
I really like all your ideas for New Beginings. I am hoping to do a simular invitation for our progam. Did you use a special program to change the colors on the olympic rings? We are wanting to use red instead of pink. How did you edit your invites from Kim's graphic? I would love to hear back from you. Thank you for all these great ideas!
ReplyDeletebrittneypeck@hotmail.com
Brittney (MO)
Hello! You are a lifesaver! Could I possibly have the invites e-mailed to me as well? Thanks for sharing your hard work and talents! bentleyangie@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteHi! Our ward is also using this great idea, and we love your invites. Could you email me them too? We are hoping to get them put together todayor tomorrow. Thanks! levenhuis@comcast.net
ReplyDeleteHi Kim, I also love your invite and wondered if I could get you to email the jpeg to me. I am new to this site and am so glad I found it.
ReplyDeleteRebekah Whetsel
rhales02@hotmail.com
Hi Kim...put me on the list of peeps that would like an email of your invite too! Thanks for saving the day for us creative-less folks! the2skinnys@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI would love for you to email the invite. We have a couple of different ideas but I would love to share yours with our group too to see which one they would like to use. azrunningmama@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your ideas! Can you also email me the invite? Thanks so much!! cbrook1105@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteLadies,
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your wonderful comments! Sorry for my lack in reply but I have managed to get you links to download the invites.
Both the front and back of the invites were created in Photoshop so hopefully you can all work with that...
Here is the link for the front:
http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3aIjICKFUPgNGU1NDUxNDUtNWNlYS00NjRkLTllNjktOTgwY2Y4MDNiOWJj&hl=en
Here is the link for the back:
http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3aIjICKFUPgNmQxOTE5N2YtOGQyNy00YjI0LTk2NzktMjBiMTMyYWUxZGZk&hl=en
I've posted some pictures finally... Here's the link to the post if you want to check them out.
ReplyDeletehttp://presbury.blogspot.com/2010/02/pictures-from-new-beginnings.html
would love the link or name of the website where you found the wood roses. Schlappijoe@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteHeidi, it's a long time coming and probably too late but the wooden roses I got of ebay. I can't recall the seller but there are heaps of options out there.
Delete