I am severely behind on my blog but had to share an experience from this evening.
My lovely running partner MK is so good at getting us going. If it weren't for her i'm sure I would not be running anymore. So she got us out running at 8:00 tonight. We were about 15 minutes into our run and saw a large skunk slowly cross the path a distance in front of us. As we neared the area it crossed MK was pushing me to the other side of the trail in fear of it jumping out. Soon enough, there it was! As we ran past it PANIC set it. No joke, MK went sprinting off so fast I didn't even realize what she was doing. I was too busy watching the skunk lift it's tail as if it were to spray. I quickly began sprinting with her and seriously struggled to keep up.
We were laughing so hard the rest of our run. All that laughing must have been what kept our energy going the remainder of the run. We both felt great afterwards.
Running has been a new experience for me. When I started the 12 week running program the end of last year I never thought I would make it this far. I seriously struggle to find the motivation to run on my own so being able to begin and finish the 12 week course with my mother-in-law and now run with MK has been fantastic. I feel stronger, healthier and have more energy since beginning this. You would think that should be motivation in itself right?
In 42 days I will be running the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay with Aaron and a group of friends/co-workers. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I think it will be a wonderful experience and I am so anxious to get my camera out there to snap some once in a life time shots. I hope by the end of it I am still able to function. I've managed to run twice in 12 hours but still have a long way to go if I want to be ready in time.... Wish me luck! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment