17 March 2011

Success!!

Motherhood can definitely be very challenging at times, even more so at times because I am pregnant.
But today I feel success as a mother, these past few weeks i've been working on some major projects and today I feel great joy and accomplishment.

Project one was Rachael's new room. It was time to move her into another room in preparation for the baby to arrive and before doing so I wanted to decorate it for her birthday. After a week of painting, decorating and searching for the right bedding I finally finished it. She loves it, I love it and it's been great moving her in there. (pictures will be posted soon)

Project two: Potty Training. I started a couple months later with Rachael than I did with Josh but I knew I needed to do it soon if I wanted to get this accomplished before the baby. We started two weeks ago and there were days I seriously wanted to quit and give up, I was too exhausted and being big and pregnant wasn't helping at all. I persevered and today we had our first day with no accidents. Such an amazing feeling. Last week for an early birthday present we took Rachael to Disney on Ice and even there she told me she needed to go potty. Over the last week we've only tended to have an accident or two a day (usually when she is outside playing) and today was perfect! We were even out running errands for 2 hours and she told me she needed to go, I couldn't be more happier.
Another huge plus is that she has been dry at night for the past week. Even more amazing!

There is still a lot of work in progress but a day like today makes me happy. My little girl is turning 2 tomorrow and it's a bittersweet feeling. Where does the time go?

Josh has also been a HUGE help in all this and is growing up way too fast. He's already reading really well and is still full of 100 questions a day. Most the time questions I do not have answers for. He loves school and it's so cute to watch him and Rachael play together. They really are best friends and I only hope it stays that way.

There are rewards that come from motherhood that only a mother could explain. Admits the feelings of never ending laundry piles, dirty dishes, meals, and cleaning there are times that these precious children simply melt my heart. Watching Rachael run into the other room to tell Josh about her peeing in the potty and then seeing the joy on his face and the excitement and accomplishment they share together warms my heart. It's such a memorable experience watching my children find joy in each others success.

Times that I am so exhausted from a long and tiring day I simply lie down on the couch to gain some more energy. They both come crawling up snuggling in to me giving me warm hugs while telling methey love me. It's not long before I gain that energy back through their love.

I could go on forever; their laughter, smiles, even times I see myself in their actions (good and bad) reminds me how much they look up to me and how much I really do influence their lives.
It reminds me that I need to not only continue to better myself but try harder to teach them how to become good people.

Do the best you can through these years, but whatever else you do, cherish that role that is so uniquely yours and for which heaven itself sends angels to watch over you and your little ones.

-Jeffrey R. Holland-

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Kim! I love it and I hope one day I can be a mom like you! Love ya

    ReplyDelete