We had a long full-filled spring break weekend. Aaron had Friday off work so it started there for us. Most the day was spent around the house, jumping on the trampoline and playing at the park. Wrestling on the trampoline is one of their favorite pastimes. I on the other hand stay far from the trampoline while pregnant, just sitting on it while they jumped was enough for me, I had to get off after a couple minutes. We had actually gone and purchased a trampoline pad from a nice lady in Lehi. She was selling it on KSL for only $35.00 and it had never been used. We've been looking for awhile to get one but didn't want to spend crazy amounts. This one is quite nice and enables Rachael to get on and off herself without the fear of falling into the hole.
That afternoon we joined up with my parents for a walk in the river bottoms near their home. Let's just say that no one told me there was going to be a fairly steep hike involved. My pregnant body did better than expected and I was very impressed with Josh as he rode his bike up the whole way back. It was fun to be outside on a nice walk with family. I can't believe how much the river has already flooded over.
I didn't take my camera (which is a good thing as i'm sure I wouldn't have been able to hike back up with it) but my phone took some pretty good shots.
From there we headed to their home to BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs. Mmmm Yummy! Once those were all devoured we enjoyed some Strawberry Heath Shakes. My favorite shake ever!
Saturday was spent doing lots and lots of yard work. I get so into it that I was pretty frustrated when I struggle to bend over to pull weeds etc. We did managed got our front yard all sorted and I could hardly move the next day. It felt so good though and we had a lot of fun.
That evening we had Aaron's family over for dinner and games. I BBQ'd steaks and we had a game of settlers. I nearly won but Aaron took it :)
Both Sunday and Monday we had some great family and friends over for dinner and games. It was a nice long enjoyable weekend that went way too fast.
Friday before walking to the park we were sat on the front porch waiting for Aaron to join us. In the past years we've had major bee problems, I didn't expect to be seeing some already. It wasn't long before there were a few swarming the daffodils. I quickly snapped a couple shots before moving away, I didn't want to disturb them. It's really not the bees that are the problem, it's the hornets and their crazy nests we need to sort out. Luckily those haven't appeared yet.
This last picture I couldn't help but put on. Josh found a pair of my 'fake' glasses that I once bought years ago and the kids had been playing with them. Rachael sneakily put them on one morning and was checking herself out in the mirror. She was so adorable I couldn't help but capture the moment. I think this picture says it all don't you?




Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Love that picture of Rachael in the end.
ReplyDeleteI'm dying over that last picture of Rachael! Super cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat are strawberry heath shakes? I like the sound of those :) Your kids are so cute, can't wait to see the next one! :) xx
ReplyDeleteLove the photos especially the one of Rach in the glasses, she is so funny, love her to bits :-)
ReplyDelete