14 April 2012

Spring Break 'stay-cation' - Tuesday

I didn't know what to title this post as it is about all sorts of random things.
I spent the first part of the afternoon with Rachael seeing an Allergy/Immunology doctor. She has ongoing skin and asthma problems that needed to be sorted out. It was quite a long appointment and one particular test proved some results. A skin allergy test on her back is what you can see from the pictures below (taken with my camera while she was wiggly from trying to scratch). Number 14 & 16 are Cashews and Pistachio Nuts. We knew she had an allergy to pistachio nut as she had a reaction just after putting one to her lips a couple Christmases ago. After 15 minutes the welts were huge (seen on the far right picture after the pen was wiped off) She has a severe allergy to tree nuts. Particularly these two. With new plans and prescriptions we hope to get things under control soon. 

 There is a story I didn't want to forget about the tile picture above. While waiting at the doctors office we were playing I Spy and other color games. While pointing out the colors on the floor she said "I Spy Bread". Huh? Bread? It took a few minutes until she pointed to the tan color on the floor. Oh, I see, bread color... I guess I need to teach her the color tan or light brown. Very clever that she associated the tile with bread. Even the texturing fit her description :)


Once we finally made it home my mom stopped by with gifts for the kids from Disneyland. The kids were so thrilled and loved them. After visiting with grandma for awhile we had dinner and then headed outside. It was beautiful. Both Josh and Rachael pulled up all the weeds in my garden bed. I dug them up and they pulled them out, root and all. It was fantastic!

Here they are with their buckets full to the rim. I do not help fill their buckets one bit, they did that all themselves. Joseph sat on the side with his new toy and watched.

They were awarded afterwards. I let them eat their suckers from Disneyland while they made funny faces at the camera. They look so comfortable in front of the camera :)


Just before the sun set I agreed to take them to the park across the street. It was a fab filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment