01 April 2014

Perth was Amazing

Our journey started very early Wednesday morning 19th of March. By 5:30am we were loaded into the car and on our way. 35 minutes into our hour drive to the airport I began to have an anxiety attack, it wasn't good. I was terrified to fly again; it had been nearly 5 months since our major move over and I purposely have not thought back on that 30 hour journey. All at once it came flowing back, I was terrified and feeling so sick.

The domestic terminal was so quiet and everything moved so swiftly. In one hour we checked in, cleared security ate breakfast and boarded our flight. I had relaxed a bit by then.

The 4 hour flight went by pretty quickly. Aaron had Joseph confined to the window seat and I in the middle section with Josh, Rachael and Rebecca.

Matt and Maria welcomed us with open arms and the kids were so excited they were running around the quiet luggage claim area with Matt. 

A quick stop at their lovely home to unload and grab some lunch and then we went to Neil Hawkins Park to feed the birds. The idea was to feed the exotic cockatiel and parrots but the pidgins took control. It was a lot of fun. Rachael is incredibly brave and so willing to try anything. Even Aaron got into it and he can't stand pidgeons. I can't say I fed any, it was too much for me.






For dinner that evening we were treated to dinner at the Wiltshire's favorite fish and chip shop on the shore near their home. It was a beautiful evening as we caught up, ate and watched the beautiful sun set.




The kids were up around 6am every morning. They would head straight outside and play. I loved it and would just lie in bed listening to them play just outside our window.  It reminded me of our old home and how the kids loved playing in the backyard. Perth was a beautiful place and Matt and Maria's neighborhood reminded me of America. 




Thursday we spent the day at Yanchep National Park first spotting the kangas and koalas. 




 The older boys had some fun at the water fountain...





A nice quaint walk through a lovely park and we found a nice place to have our sausage sizzle. Minutes into grilling our gourmet sausages kookaburras began to surround us. They were literally in the branches above our heads. These birds were intense as they watched our every move. I was worried at times that they would swoop at the kids, these birds are a good size. 
Just as we turned our back on the grill they swooped down stealing a sausage. Sneaky birds. It was fascinating seeing them so close.







The remainder of our evening was wonderful. After a delightful meal we enjoyed the beautiful weather outside. While the boys played soccer the girls chatted near the hammock and we indulged into some delicious brownies before saying goodnight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment