21 October 2014

The magical number 30!

It happened, I turned 30!

First surprise was a large bouquet of stargazer lilies from my wonderful parents. They beautified our house for weeks with an amazing aroma.












 A trip to the Dandenong market was our first stop, Aaron had taken the day off. It was great to shop around for our fruits and veggies and devour some hot jam donuts.


 For lunch Aaron had arranged for a friend to watch the kids while we went to lunch. We found the Blackrock Cafe near the coast and shared a nice foccassia sandwich lunch.





From there we took a walk along the coastal trail and enjoyed chatting without any additional noise or distractions. It was beautiful.



 Before our dinner plans another massive bouquet of flowers arrived from my in-laws and Beth and Tanner. This bouquet was HUGE and absolutely gorgeous, my favorite colors. 



We had reservations at a place called The Pelican in St. Kilda with some dear friends Luke and Olivia. It was a Tapas place with Mediterranean food.  A new experience and new tastes, the food was amazing!


Before heading home we walked down a street in St Kilda with loads of bakeries. After walking back and forth gazing through the windows we decided on a few special treats and took them home.

It really was a great day and I was surely spoiled.
Many sweet little gifts from Aaron and the kids. New dresses, makeup, pampering products...

Its really these type of gifts that I love...
The bag of lemons from a friends lemon tree with a bottle of amazing lotion and chocolates,
another friend joined me for a delicious shake and gave me a painting from Peru the night before.
Many surprises such as homemade Almond milk (seriously tasted like vanilla ice cream), coconut chips, homemade nutella... It was all really thoughtful and appreciated.
The next day I had my birthday dinner with the kids (technically my actual birth date in the USA).
Chicken Mignon - it was delicious!
Check out the all natural face mask Aaron got me  - I love it!


It was a great week and I felt loved across the world. Cards came in the mail from a couple of friends back home a few days later and it kept the excitement going throughout the week.

Thank you everyone! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment