*In an effort to remember our first year in Australia I will recap each month. January has already been done so I will begin with February 2014*
February was a great month filled with a lot of new adventures.
We visited the Melbourne Aquarium in the city.
It was fun to see advertisements downtown for the Super Bowl and still amazes me how expensive parking is.
The picture where the kids are standing on glass above a massive Croc still creeps me out.
The aquarium sits right next to the Yarra River with a lovely view.
Beaches were a frequent occurrence in February as it's one of the hotter months. This beach was Mordialloc Beach right near where Aaron catches the train into the city every day. There is nice shaded park near the beach, a beautiful pier and shops within walking distance.
Rachael had just started school for the first time the beginning of February. She was struggling and cried a bit at first. One day in particular I went to the market after school drop off and Joseph wanted to buy some flowers for Rachael to make her happy. He specifically picked these ones out. It was the sweetest thing that day as he presented them to her after school. She was happy!
Looking back at these pictures is such a bitter sweet feeling, Rebecca was so small.
I loved seeing Josh interact with her, they have a special connection.
One day just before Valentines Day we picked Aaron up from the train station after work and he presented Rach with some beautiful gerber daisies. I think she was feeling extra loved and knew we all supported her starting school.
The picture just below on the right is Joseph watching the washing machine while sitting on the toilet. We began potty training the beginning of 2014, I am so glad that is over and can't believe it has already been a year. He was sitting on his little toilet waiting for his monkey to finish washing. He sat there through the entire cycle.
Sandra invited us over for dinner one evening, she really does spoil us. It was fun sitting outside together chatting and eating some of the best food.
We played a lot of games. Rachael is our Uno champion and Josh won his first game of Settlers (with some help;).
I delighted in simple pleasures such as .60 cent watermelon and lunch at the shopping center while Rebecca and Seppe napped in the stroller. That doesn't happen anymore.
Pearls and Lillies from Aaron. I felt extra loved that day.
These two became very close friends and Josh was excited to have her at the same school as him. He does a good job of taking care of her.
We were invited to an Aussie Engagement Party and a Kiwi (Kiwis are what we call the New Zealanders) birthday celebration. The Kiwi's cook their food in the ground, it's spectacular. Both were new and fun experiences.
Josh and Rach rode their bikes to school a couple times while I ran pushing Becca and Seppe in the stroller. It is much easier riding to school since Rachael is on two wheels and I have my own bike and trailer.
Super Bowl Sunday (Monday for us), Aaron took work off and we watched the game at home. For lunch (at half time) we walked down to the end of our street to dine at The Nest Cafe over looking the lake. After lunch we resumed the game and Joseph went missing, we found him asleep under Rachael's bed.
We had a great time taking a day trip down to Queenscliff and celebrating Valentines Day in the city.
I also had a fun little photo shoot with Rebecca at 5 months old.



















No comments:
Post a Comment