24 February 2008

On wednesday February 20th my cousin Blake and his team were hit by an IED in their BTRY HMMWV in Iraq. (in simple terms: they were involved in a road bombing). Luckily there were no major injuries and all the soldiers are doing well sustaining only minor concusions.
Blake is a little shook up over what happened and has the minor concussion but is doing very well. He was able to send his wife an email letting her know that he was ok.

Thursday, Wells Nevada had a 6.0 earthquake that was felt in Salt Lake City. My dad was at work and felt the whole building shake. He was later interviewed by Fox 13 News and they aired that interview later that evening on channel 13. You can watch it at http://www.myfoxutah.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=5848343&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.2.1
I was fast asleep when the earthquake hit around 7:15 but I think thats what woke Joshua up. He freaked out and was running around like crazy crying for daddy. I think it woke him up and scared him a bit as he had no idea what was going on and thought it was Aaron leaving for work as our garage is so stinkin loud and vibrates our bedrooms a bit.
There have been over 100 aftershocks in Wells and we continue to have aftershocks in Salt Lake City. Most or all of which are not felt or noticed as they are very minor.

Friday evening we met up with the Suxo's and went to see the movie "Vantage Point" at the District near my parents house. It was so good! I really enjoyed it but then again, I LOVE action packed movies that are so intense... Definitely worth seeing in the movie theater.

3 comments:

  1. Those Suxo's are the greatest friends. How lucky you are to have such friends as them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is with our garage doors being so loud, ours is the same way. I think we are going to go in and add a drop down ceiling with lots and lots of foam insulation so it is quieter and warmer in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim! I am so sorry to hear about your cousin! That is so scary! I will be sure to keep you, your family, and him in our prayers! Let's get together soon! Charlotte is better! I want to meet your little guy! And I am sending you and e-mail with something you will want! Love ya!
    Jacque

    ReplyDelete