29 May 2008

Well here we go again... May catch up!

On the 5th of May I took Josh out for a fun filled day. We made our first stop at Cabelas to pick up some jerkey seasoning and we walked around looking at the big fish aquarium and the other stuffed animals. I have to admit, some of them are very scary looking.
We then ate lunch at a cute little cafe in the dinosaur museum. Josh had dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets~so cute! After lunch we made our way to the movie theaters and watched "Horton Hears A Who" we had the whole theater to ourselves. It was so much fun!
I made a mistake after the movie by driving up to my parents house to pick something up because Josh LOVES going to his grandparents house. No one was home so I just ran into the garage quickly to get what I needed and then we headed out. Well thats when it began, Josh cried and cried "bompa's house, bompa's house...." for an hour or more. He was so upset that I didn't let him get out and stay but he didn't understand that no one was home. Needless to say, I must not do that again, he was so mad at me the rest of the day but then got over it when I let him go over to Mary Kate's house.

The 6th brought interesting activities! On a usual day I let Josh go upstairs to get Taylor up from her nap. She sleeps on the bottom bunk bed in one of our spare rooms and lately Josh will climb to the top of the other bunk bed so I decided to remove the ladder as I don't want any injuries from falling off. Not giving Josh enough credit for his 'cleverness', I moved the ladder into the closet where I didn't think he would go... my mistake! I was downstairs and heard a huge bang while on the phone with my mother-in-law. I immediately ran upstairs and found josh in the closet with the door closed. When I tried to open it... well... I couldn't. The ladder had fallen (Josh tried to move it himself) and was the perfect length to wedge right between the door and the wall. I started to panic and didn't know what to do. The door opened into the closet, the hinges were inside as well so I couldn't take those off, and Josh couldn't pick up the ladder as it was too heavy. I immediately called our neighbor over to help calm me down and help to keep josh calm as I figured out what to do. He was in there for just over an hour when I was ready to call the police for help. I decided I would give it one more try to push through the door myself before having someone come cut it down. I must have had some adrenaline running throughout me because I pushed right through that door with no problem. It did push the wooden ladder right through the wall but I am proud to say that I saved Joshua, the door, and the cops from coming to our house! You all may be wiser than me but my advice for now, don't put bunk bed ladders in the closet, put them on the top bunk or somewhere they cannot reach! :)

On the 7th we went swimming with Jess and Jack. It was a lot of fun and Josh loved playing on the playset because they didn't have the water bucket running. The water bucket scares him and he won't play when it's going.

On Saturday the 10th my parents came down to help work in our yard. They helped to clear weeks, remove rocks and level the north side of our trampoline. Josh loves working with my Dad and in these pictures you can see why. He always gets to ride on the rake or in the wheelbarrow. My dad is always including him in whatever he is doing and Joshua loves it!



Joshua is also into riding bikes at the moment. He Loves Bikes especially this little scooter. He can't quite ride it around yet by himself so he usually rides around with Steph, Sophia or myself.

The 11th was Mother's Day! Saturday night I stayed with my parents so that I could be there in the morning to speak to my brother. Aaron had to teach his Gospel Principles class so he met up with us once that was over. We had a wonderful chat with Scott and he comes home August 7th. I can't even begin to express how excited we are. Josh and I joined my parents in their ward and strangely enough Josh fell asleep during sacrament meeting. I can't tell you the last time he did that, it was probably because it was at 1:00 during his nap time. The speakers did an excellent job and then they gave us lovely c.d.'s for mother's day. I felt so spoiled on mother's day as I got a c.d., chocolate bar from our home ward with a lovely message on it, Aaron helped Josh make me a cute mother's day card with pictures on it, and my mom gave me a willow tree figurine.
For the evening activity we headed up to my grandma and grandpa's house for a gathering with family and for yummy dessert.
Even though it's a month past now I just have to express my feelings about being a mother and having such a wonderful mother myself. I love my mom so much and I feel that our relationship has grown tremendously since I became a mother myself 2 1/2 years ago. I since then have learned so much and appreciate and respect everything my mom did for us. Being the mother to Joshua is the biggest blessing ever, with his cute smile and laughter it always eases any frustration I have. I am so greatful for the oportunity to stay at home with him each and every day!

5 comments:

  1. Thans for your Blog. I just love reading about the things yu are doing. We are so looking forward to seeing yu all in September.
    Grannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update. You guys are so cute.
    It's so great that at this age they love to work in the yard. Hopefully it sticks. Cute pictures and I like your background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw....a trampoline!! That's awesome! We are hoping to come up in July...Kendis would love to jump on it with josh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun you are having Kim! That second to last picture is great. He looks so sleepy!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been debating about getting a bunk bed in Ben's room, but the ladder thing keeps hanging me up. Maybe I'll wait a little longer.

    ReplyDelete