16 April 2009

Family Here...

Friday April 3rd we greeted Aaron's family. They flew into Denver and spent a few days there and then came to us. Josh was so excited that 'Mama, Pops, and Beth' were coming that Aaron took him up to the airport to meet them there. He was so excited. They spent just over a week with us and in that week there was a lot planned, most of it with Josh.

Conference weekend we enjoyed the company of each other while listening to conference. Aaron and his dad went to the Priesthood session of conference and them mum, dad,and Beth had tickets to the first session on Sunday. We had a lovely Sunday dinner together after they returned home and then Marcus and Nichole greeted us with games and dessert.

Monday began a week of fun events, Aaron had the day off and spent the time helping his dad build a 'cat hotel'. Yep, that's what we call it... Our cats would not stop climbing on our car so they built a nice cat home for them. So far they love it and it's working perfectly.

Tuesday Pops and Beth took Josh to the zoo while Mum did some shopping. They had so much fun at the zoo and Josh still talks about the 'scary' animals he saw there...
Wednesday Pops took Josh to see the new movie 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and Thursday took him to the Dinosaur Museum. Josh had so much fun with his pops he will surely miss him. After the dinosaur museum on Thursday we headed up to my parents house for dinner and to play the wii. It was a nice evening and I enjoyed spending it with both my parents and my in-laws. It is such a neat experience to see our parents interact and to also have them both together with Josh and Rachael. They are lucky grand kids :)



Friday afternoon we went to spend the afternoon with some friends and on our way down got stuck in a huge accident. It literally happened minutes (possibly even seconds) in front of us. We (along with quite alot of other cars) immediately had to slam our breaks on to stop. We waited for a long time as we watched numerous ambulances and fire trucks rush past us, it wasn't long before life-flight landed on the freeway. They began exiting everyone off the exit we were planning on taking anyway and as it was our turn they stopped us right in front of the horrible accident. We sat there as they hauled a dead body off in the ambulance and then watched the firefighters pull out their tools and cut the top half of this white explorer off. As we watched them peal the hood back we could see what looked like lifeless bodies crushed in this car. They then gave us the clear to exit and as we pulled away we could see two small children in the back. I lost it then and was in tears - it was seriously one of the worst things I've ever seen and it took a lot to get it out of my mind. We said a prayer for the family and headed on our way. Later we saw it again on the news. There was so much damage there and I couldn't believe the mess all over the freeway just from one car rolling 3 times after a tire blow out. Scary... We did eventually make it to our friends house and enjoyed their company.

On Saturday Aaron and I went out and did a little shopping while stopping for lunch. We had a great time. Josh went with his Mama, Pops and Beth to a horse show. We then met up briefly before they left for the Real Game.

We will miss Mum, Dad and Beth very much, especially Josh. He has already asked me "Will Pops, Beth, and Mama be coming back in 6 days?". He also said to me on Tuesday "Mommy, I don't have any friends here anymore" he was very sad that everyone left. I guess I am not as exciting...

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, I might just copy it for my blog ;-) It was a wonderful 10 days that went way too fast :-( I'm excited to be coming back just wish we all were and I'm sure Josh would take Pops and Auntie Beth over me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh is so adorable, I can't wait to give him a snuggle. Hopefully this time Jack will not destroy josh's creations and they will play nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth and I arrived back in England today about 4:30pm UK time - what a great time we had with everyone, we surely had a fab time with Josh, he had a plan for us every day - Josh was one of our highlights of our visit to Lehi!

    Love Pops.

    ReplyDelete