06 June 2009

Finishing Last week of May

To finish up on the last week of May along with Lagoon Day and Aaron's Oath Ceremony we still had quite a lot going on.

On the Thursday we finally got sod for our back yard. It only covered about 1/3 of our yard but at least we now have something. We hope to finish the remaining 2 sprinkler lines and get more sod put down by the end of the summer beginning of fall. After 3 years of 'weed removal' I am so excited to have grass. It is seriously so annoying how fast weeds grow. I will get some pictures up of the backyard soon! Thanks so much for all who came by and help us put our grass in, it sure did make it go so much quicker.

For the past while Aaron has been training for the Ragnar Relay like I had mentioned before. On May 29th he ran just over 16.5 miles. CRAZY! He was dead by the end of the day. This morning he left bright and early and is out running again - I did get a call from him a little while ago informing me that he was still alive :)
On a side note I decided I would like to do a Triathlon. I have thought about it a few times but never did much to entertain my thoughts until my friend Trisha ran one: SheROX in Tempe! This motivated me to do something about it (thanks Trish!!) So yesterday morning bright and early I got up and ran 1.69 miles. Sounds quite pathetic compared to Aaron's 16.5 miles but hey I did it and it kicked my butt. I was so tired after and today I am really sore but it's a good thing. Having had a baby over 2 months ago I am so need of some good exercise to get my body back in shape. The thing that excites me about a Triathlon is the biking and the swimming (can't say I am fantastic at either of those though...) but the running comes along with it. So I've got to do it! My plan is to do all three in the week so I might split it up, 2 days of running, 2 of biking, and 2 swimming. Wish me luck! If anyone wants to join me I would be happy for you to - more motivation right? :)

Back onto last week - My little Sister's birthday was on Saturday and we celebrated by going to Boondocks. We all had a fabulous time and Josh had his first mini golf experience. He absolutely LOVED it! I didn't golf but carried Rachael around while shooting pictures. I had just as much fun doing that as I haven't gotten to just sit around and snap pictures in awhile. In the end Josh scored 48 and Aaron got a 44. They were both doing a lot better earlier on but towards the end Josh was dancing around like a monkey because he was bursting for a pee. We had a great time and he keeps asking when we can go miniature golfing again.



4 comments:

  1. OK I need to see pictures of your yard!

    A Triathlon! Thats great. I am thinking about doing another half marathon or a triathlon I just have to finish my classes and then I can entertain distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please pics of your garden :-) Love the ones of Josh he cracks me up so like his Dad and Pops. I would love to do Triathlon, can you wait 10 years while I get fit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Sand Hollow would be a blast. Although I do have to warn you of swimmers itch. Somehow you get it from the water. Cj said its only on one side of the lake. But nobody in his family has got it. It is so fun out there though. We should do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You GO Kim! I'm so glad I am motivation to you! All I can say is that it really feels great to "do something for yourself". You know how it goes, being a stay at home mom! Good luck with your training, I wish I was there to train with you The best motivation is to sign up and pay for the race Then you feel like you have no choice!! My next Triathlon: October (I know it seems like a long ways away, but we have a pretty busy summer!).

    ReplyDelete