09 July 2009

Why does the month of June always go by so fast?


This time of year always seems to fly by with all the
fun and exciting things we do.
I just can't get enough of it and love being busy busy busy.

Even though we seriously had rain nearly every day in June we did actually take advantage of the nice weather when it did seem to find us.

We finally got around to fixing Joshua's bike and he has been riding it every chance he gets!





One day while we were out doing some yard work I let Josh go through and pick all the strawberries. I told him to only pick the red ones but he was having so much fun he couldn't resist but to pick them all :)









After picking the strawberries he asked if we could dip them in chocolate (one of our favorite treats)! So after we cleaned them off really good we did just that... Mm mm yummy!







A friend let me borrow this Bumbo chair and from the minute Rachael first sat in it she loved it! I can't believe how fast my little girl is growing. Isn't she such a cutie :)

The only problem now is that she already arches her back trying to get out of the chair but she sure does hold her head really well.



So I promised to post some pictures of our grass... Here they are!

That yellow patch you see I accidentally spilled fertilizer on... Oops...



For Father's Day we had a BBQ at my parents house. We had a wonderful time chatting outside while eating dinner and yummy dessert. The weather was crazy though... In the couple hours we were there thunderstorms would roll in, downpour, and then the sun would be back out in a matter of minutes causing some strange humidity. We sat underneath the awning while all this happened and enjoyed watching the craziness. It was really a lot of fun!


After dinner we took a walk in the river bottoms. Here I am pushing the bus as I like to call it. I swear it's bigger than me:) But it is handy on occasions like this... I do love it!







Aaron actually didn't join us on this occasion because as mentioned before he was running the Ragnar Relay that weekend. Lets just say that things didn't go so well. He ended up not being able to finish the race as he got deathly ill while running his 2nd leg. When they brought him home he looked so sick and he literally slept for 2 days. Aaron was disappointed he was unable to finish the Relay so he has already booked in to run The REDROCK Relay on September 4th & 5th. This relay looks really exciting as they run 181 miles through Brianhead Resort - Dixie National Forest - Cedar Breaks National Monument - Zion National Park - Sand Hollow Reservoir - Snow Canyon and then finish at the Tuachan Theater. You can also visit UtahRelayRaces.com and get 5% or 50 dollars off.

We are excited to go down and support him on this race!

Here are some pictures of Aaron and his team running the Ragnar.
















5 comments:

  1. Wow did you grow those strawberries? See you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun!! I want some of those strawberries!! yummy!! haha =0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess all the strawberries will be gone by October, I could just eat some, the ones covered in chocolate that is ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, those strawberries we grew ourselves (well actually they grew themselves. They are so easy to have and they grow so fast. Ours are already double the size when we first picked a month ago. Yikes... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys have been having fun - Rachael is growing quickly, she looks gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete