Aaron's work had it's Lagoon Party on Memorial Day!
Last year's Lagoon Day wasn't so great, the weather was horrible and Josh was just too short to ride much so needless to say it wasn't ideal. In the past 4 months however, Josh has grown 2 inches and is now tall enough to ride a lot more.
The day was absolutely gorgeous, not too hot yet not too cold - perfect for a day at Lagoon. It was so fun to watch Josh's face light up with all the excitement and he loved the rides. I was impressed as no ride scared him, if anything he was running to and from different rides in excitement. Aaron had a fabulous time on the rides with Josh while I spent most my time capturing moments with pictures and enjoying my time with Rachael.
Aaron's work also has a drawing with prizes for all the kids while eating lunch. This year Josh and Rachael won new buckets and shovels, sidewalk chalk and a Frisbee. Josh was so happy to win the buckets and shovels as a couple days before I accidentally broke his blue shovel. He quickly reminded me of that and then reassured me that it was OK because he now had new ones. He said "Now mommy don't buy Joshy new shovel from Wal-mart, Joshy got new ones from Lagoon", he sure does make me smile :)
love the pictures. josh is so funny:)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had fun. I love going there.
ReplyDeleteI love the photos, you really look like you had a fab day and I can't get over how daring Josh is, but then I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, look at his Dad, Pops and Aunties and you too. Maybe we will have to come over next year for your Lagoon day, I can watch Rachael and the rest of you can go on all the rides ;-)
ReplyDeleteOh and Grancha and great granddad (my Dad) were the biggest dare devils ever ~ it's in Joshy's blood tell him. Oh and I can just imagine him telling you about is shovel, GORGEOUS.
ReplyDeleteTell Josh he is a chip off the old block. All the men in our family love rides, and anything that is dangerous, anything to get the women frightened.
ReplyDeleteLove your blogs. Grannie