17 February 2011

The Last Week

This last week was great and even more exciting as we got a glimpse of spring.
My brother and his wife came down for dinner one night and Rachael had an accident. She was showing off and bit her tongue as she slammed her head onto the back of the couch frame. It was bad. I had blood all over my white shirt (of course) and the gashes in her tongue were huge. After cleaning up and calming her down I tried to get a picture. She was not all that cooperative but she did enjoy looking at herself in the mirror. If you look close enough you can see the two teeth marks. 
One day I had obviously wore the kids out as we were having 'quiet time' and I went to check on Josh and found him on his bed like in the picture above fast asleep. The cats love Josh (more particular our black cat Socks). As you can see in the picture he found his spot with Josh :)
We also had a craft day where we made loads of Valentines and other things. My room was a disaster afterwards with yarn everywhere but we had a lot of fun and the kids LOVED the pipe cleaner glasses. I think they wear them well don't you?
 Saturday we got a glimpse of spring. The morning was not all that great for me so Aaron took the kids out to run some errands. When they got back it was so nice outside we decided to go for a walk. That turned into a LONG 3 mile or longer walk. My pregnant body wasn't too happy with me afterwards but it was glorious. It took Josh a little bit to get used to his bike again and he ran right into the fence getting started. It was hilarious as we watched him but he was concentrating so hard. As soon as he ran into the fence he yelled "i'm ok" and hopped right back on his bike. I was rolling in laughter.
Seeing some birds in the trees and watching the kids play at the park brought feelings of spring. I'm excited!

That night we experienced one of the 3 earthquakes we had in 3 days. I was already up with Rachael as she was having a rough night. We were in her room when it happened and it scared me half to death. My heart was beating as fast as it would had I just ran a marathon. It was small (2.8 mag) but the sound, shaking and things crashing just threw me off as I was already in deep thought. Aaron jumped out of bed in excitement as he got to feel his first earthquake. He was bummed as we had missed the one the evening before.Crazy I know... Needless to say it took us all awhile to get back to sleep but luckily for Josh he slept right through it.
Valentines Day!
These are the cute valentines I helped Josh make for his party at school. We had a lot of fun making them and I thought they were the cutest things ever! I'm sure he won't approve when he get's older as he'll want more 'boyish' valentines but seriously... Aren't they cute? He even cut out all the heart heads by himself.
On Valentines Day Josh had his school valentine exchange and I made chocolate covered strawberries. After delivering some to Aaron at work he surprised me by coming home early and had arranged for a date night out. We went to an early movie and dinner - we had a lot of fun!

3 comments:

  1. OK rach is so stinking cute I just want to scream! And those valentines are really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete