Our highlight of the day was our trip to the Living Planet Aquarium. I was much more impressed this time around then the first visit as it had changed quite a bit. There was a lot more to look at and for the kids to do. Josh and Rach were so well behaved and had SO much fun!

It is very dark in the aquarium and in some places flash camera is not allowed. So in the few places I was allowed to use my camera I took a few shots. Some of the neat things to see included a large octopus (Josh says it was his favorite), anaconda snake (huge and a little freaky), colorful tree frogs (they were so stinkin cute) and more fish than you could imagine. Sharks, turtles, eels, crocks, seahorses, jellyfish, shrimp, stingrays... you name it, it was probably there.
Another really cool exhibit were the penguins. It was by far the busiest but yet so fun to watch them.
From the aquarium we headed home, I was exhausted and couldn't wait to get home to relax and maybe eat some ice cream before starting dinner :)
Literally as soon as I had pulled into the garage I asked Josh to help Rachael unbuckle herself as I took some things in the house. I came back out and lifted Rachael out of her car seat and she started sobbing hysterically saying 'it hurts' over and over again. Immediately I was playing mom doctor trying to find out the problem. Soon to my discovery a dislocated elbow had to be the problem. Oh dear, you've got to be kidding me. I couldn't get mad though, I had no idea how it happened. The only thing I can think of is that Josh may have been trying to help her out by pulling on her arms...no intentional injury.
Immediately I called up our doctor and got right back in the car and drove 20 minutes to their office. Rachael was such a sweetheart as she continually told me about the 'hurt' in her arm and moaned a bit as I held her. It wasn't long before she was back to her normal self. I had the doctor give me a thorough instruction as to how to pop it back in place in case it were to happen again.
Amidst that extra excitement the rest of the evening was very enjoyable. I think i'll go to bed early tonight :)

Your kids are so cute! I can't believe you are 33 weeks already, its gone by fast!!
ReplyDelete