
There was no time to waist. I had no choice but to jump right into driving on the opposite side of the rode here as we needed to get around without Aaron's help. My first trips were to the school and to Ikea. I love the 'family parking' stalls found everywhere right by the disabled parking spots. They are awesome!
We rode bikes, went on walks, fed the ducks all in our new neighborhood.
Josh got registered for school and started within the first 3 weeks of us arriving.
On one of the warmer days we took a lunch to the beach
I went out with my mom one evening to check out a local shopping center. Because the Melbourne Cup was coming up there were expensive hats and dresses everywhere. We had a great time trying some on.
Took my mom to see the Melbourne Temple
Josh and Aaron went out to help with a Stake service project and a very cold and rainy day.
Girls afternoon out for yummy nutella, banana and strawberry crepes
Lunch at Nandos
Lots of baby cuddles. Rachael was constantly smelling Rebecca and sighing as she'd say "Rebecca smells Soooo good"
A couple trips to the market

We "my mom and I" sobbed uncontrollably at the Primary Program the Sunday before she was leaving. It was a very emotional day. Josh and Rach and Joseph participated after only being here 2 weeks. It was so wonderful
The night before mom left we drove down to Mt. Eliza to watch the sun set on the beach. It was a beautiful evening.
I get emotional again as I recap these few weeks that will always mean so much to me. I am so grateful for my mom and all she did in helping us move here and get settled in. I could not have done it without her.
Those three weeks were at times extremely challenging but also so incredibly fun. We often found ourselves laughing hysterically together as we embarked on new experiences.
I love you so much mom and cherish this time forever.
The day you flew back to America was ever so hard. Many many tears were shed.
Rachael sobbed for hours which in turn kept our tears flowing. We took a random stop at Costco in hopes to get our mind off you leaving, it didn't help.
Thank you so much for all your help and for the fun times we had. Can't wait till you come again ;)




















Oh heavens, I am such a blubber mess as I think about the emotional roller-coaster you went on and then to again say another goodbye this time to your mom. I am so glad you have recorded this because you did something out of the ordinary, something hard and truly challenging and have survived it and grown from it. You really are remarkable! Much love:)
ReplyDelete