Rachael will be two months old here in a couple days; I just can't believe how quickly the time has flown by. So much has happened I have to do a quick recap:
Amongst everything going on and having family here Rachael got RSV. We were right at the tail end of the season and luckily she did extremely well. After two days of seeing the doctor I was confident that I knew what to do and what to watch for. On the third day, I was again worried, Rachael was breathing very heavily and it really concerned me. Once Aaron, Mum and Josh got home from a breakfast with Jess Ben and Jack (Jess and Ben were up here for their graduation at BYU) I asked Mum to go with me to the doctors - yet again.


Rachael did really well and is now back to her joyful self. She is so interactive and is such a happy baby smiling and cooing every minute she gets. Joshua is a fantastic brother and is so gentle with Rachael. He constantly asks me if he can hold her and he will sit there holding her for 15 minutes at a time - so cute! It melts my heart to see the concern Josh has for Rachael. He is always the first to hear her crying and will notify me that I need to feed her or change her diaper. He also loves showing her his toys; Josh is such a good boy and I am so proud of him - I can't believe how grown up he seems already.
While Jess and Ben were here for graduation we did get to spend an afternoon with them. Josh and Jack have two completely different personalities and in the past haven't gotten along at all. This time they did fairly well actually and went with Ben to do some Geo Caching. Josh loved it and still talks about the 'treasure'. Thanks Uncle Ben!!! Congrats on graduating - you've both done a fantastic job!


I loved the way my mother-in-law wrote about the experience on her post so I am including the excerpt here (Thanks Mum ;))
"Kimmy rightly so was concerned as Rachael’s breathing was somewhat laboured and doing what the doctor said to look out for – her chest going in under her ribs, so off to the doctors Kimmy and I went with little Rachael for the 3rd day running. Surprisingly her temperature and oxygen levels where better then the day before in spite of her sounding worse, the doctor said this was quite common and suggested we take her over to the hospital next door and have her suctioned, at this point I didn’t know what that meant! We were seen there by a doctor who put on a gown, mask and gloves and at this point I felt my stomach churn! He asked Kimmy to put Rachael on bed and told us what he would be doing, which was to put saline up her nostrils before sucking out the mucus from her nose (with this loud contraption) and then he would then be putting a fine tube up her nose, down her throat to continue to remove mucus. He asked Kimmy to hold her down on the bed by placing her arms over hers and then holding her head still with her hands. I thought oh my goodness this is going to be horrible as Kimmy turned to me and asked me to help! So between us we held her down on the bed while the doctor did what he needed to do and I was right it has horrible as Rachael screamed and choked as the procedure seemed to take forever. I couldn’t watch but did peek a couple times and was horrified when I saw the tube coming out of her mouth, but the doctor soon rectified that. I just wanted to cry as I saw poor little Rachael trying to struggle free from the uncomfortable procedure as the doctor went up both nostrils twice and I found myself turning to wall praying silently – please let this end. The doctor stopped and said to Kimmy you can pick her up and comfort her before we do anymore, thankfully her chest sounded better and he didn’t need to do it again. As horrible as it was the procedure did help Rachael and she didn't need it doing again."
Rachael did really well and is now back to her joyful self. She is so interactive and is such a happy baby smiling and cooing every minute she gets. Joshua is a fantastic brother and is so gentle with Rachael. He constantly asks me if he can hold her and he will sit there holding her for 15 minutes at a time - so cute! It melts my heart to see the concern Josh has for Rachael. He is always the first to hear her crying and will notify me that I need to feed her or change her diaper. He also loves showing her his toys; Josh is such a good boy and I am so proud of him - I can't believe how grown up he seems already.
While Jess and Ben were here for graduation we did get to spend an afternoon with them. Josh and Jack have two completely different personalities and in the past haven't gotten along at all. This time they did fairly well actually and went with Ben to do some Geo Caching. Josh loved it and still talks about the 'treasure'. Thanks Uncle Ben!!! Congrats on graduating - you've both done a fantastic job!
Aaron has been training for the Ragnar Relay which is in June. He has been working so hard to get 'fit' and has been running a lot with the guys at work. Aaron was a bit bummed when his 2nd Ragnar leg changed from 6.2 miles to 9.6 miles - ha ha. He will do great - his last leg is also straight up hill. In 3 miles he will have run the height of the Sears Tower. Currently the Sears Tower is the tallest skyscraper in the US. We are excited to go see him and support him in this Relay - I think he is excited as well.
Rachael has grown and changed in the 2 and bit weeks I have been gone, I so miss the children and want cuddles :-(
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures of Josh and Rachael, So Cute! I am glad Rachael is doing better now, RSV, so scary.
ReplyDeleteI am jealous of Aaron doing the Ragnar Raley, I have heard it's really great.
I'm so glad Rachael is doing better! She and Josh are so cute!
ReplyDelete