After getting the kids ready and starting off a great morning we headed outside. It was colder than I thought it was going to be so we planted ourselves on the front porch. My lovely daffodils had bloomed and I thought it would be cute to let them each pick one. Rachael's ended up pretty much in pieces from her loving and smelling it so much and Joshua's has made it into a Lightning McQueen cup that is sitting on our kitchen table. He keeps watering it and it looks just as it did when he picked it.
We weren't out there too long but I did my best to take some good shots. Between Josh pulling hysterical faces because he was cold and Rachael refusing to smile or look at me I managed to capture these beauties.

The kids were now done and wanted to go inside. I was happy as I had gotten and absolutely stunning picture of Rachael and a great shot of Josh but not completely satisfied. I so badly wanted a decent one of them both smiling at least in my direction. But I went in as I didn't want to make it a bad experience. Minutes after entering the house Aaron arrived home for lunch - I was thrilled! He always has the kids full attention so I knew he could help.
We quickly went straight back out and in a matter of 2 minutes, literally, I was able to snap these. That gorgeous smile from Rachael is all for her daddy.
I was so happy - I LOVED the turn out! Now I was ready to tackle the rest of the day. Right after lunch we set out to the park. Three different parks and 3 hours later we returned home ready for some rest. Even though I had put sunscreen on my face I got burnt of course and the kids had nice lovely sun-kissed faces.
It was a great start to the week! That evening we had a long needed game of settlers with Marcus, Nichole and Natalie. Aaron won! :)








I just LOVE these photos. The kids are too cute for words.
ReplyDelete