July 23, 2012
Just after the shooting that occurred in a Colorado Theater I had planned to take Josh and Rachael to see Ice Age 4. It's always a hard thing to not think about these terrible things that happened a few days before.
It's one of those things that we have to move past and try not to let it consume our thoughts, otherwise we will reach the point where we are afraid to even leave our houses. My biggest fear is have I taught my kids enough. Would they be prepared in a situation to hopefully react in the best way possible.
Josh saw me watching the news about the horrific event and started asking many many questions. He was concerned and couldn't understand why something like that would happen. We sat down and talked about it for awhile and also talked about what we would do in a situation like that. It's heartbreaking.
So in order to 'move on' and face any fears I still held our movie date. We really had a great time and enjoyed the movie. We nearly had the theater to ourselves and afterwards the kids danced near the front to the ending music.
I then let them play in the fountain outside before heading home.

No comments:
Post a Comment