Well what do you do when you have to leave the only place you know, with 4 kids, a nursing baby and a potty training toddler? Yikes!!!
I packed a lunch and checked josh out of school early to come with us so that wherever we ended up I didn't have to worry about picking him up from school. It takes a good amount of time to get around to different places here so I wouldn't get too far before having to turn around and come back.
We went to our first park where we had lunch. It was humid overcast and nice. After some time Rachael was bursting for the toilet and Joseph had an accident. I had packed numerous spare clothes and a portable toilet just for this.
We drove on Beach Road for awhile which follows the beach line of the bay. From there we went to Cheltnam to the school uniform shop. Rachael has been so anxious to get her school uniforms and right now they are on sale. A couple hundred dollars later we came out with a dress, skort, shirt, hat, school bag and jacket. Now we just wait until the end of January:)
We found another park just down the road and spent some time there. The sun came out for a bit and the flies were crazy. The flies are so annoying, they won't leave you just by swatting them away, they keep pestering. They also stick to you! I was passing a lady running the other day who had a ton of flies stuck to the front and back of her. She must be used to them by now I guess.
I didn't help the Joseph pooped his pants either, they loved that... So we left that park after a poop clean up, those pants went straight into the trash...
We drove not too much further to the Parkdale train station where we were meeting Aaron. It took me 20 minutes to unload everyone from the car. Joseph and Rachael went into the stroller because they were asleep, Rebecca into my baby carrier and then Josh helped me get my bag and jackets. The weather had changed and was getting cooler.
We met Aaron as he got off the train and we walked to the local fish and chip shop for dinner. It was then that josh realized he had left his jacket at the last park we were at. Seriously?
We made another stop by that park, then went to Braeside park where we finished off the day with our dinner and some fun. By this time I was wishing I had my jacket, the temps dropped and there was a chilly wind. Crazy weather!
All this happening while I am desprate to pee, yes, and where in the world am I supposed to go dragging 4 kids with me. Uh!! I held it desperately for 4 hours. Oh the life of a mom...
All in all a crazy wild day but glad to have all the deadly furry 8 legged creatures out of the house. Worth a piece of mind, I won't be freaked out walking around the house anymore.
It was more difficult today as I didn't have anywhere else to go. I have made some friends but everyone is at work and don't have young children. All in good time I guess...

You are amazing! So glad the spiders are gone from your house now, I do admit I keep checking the bottom on my shampoo bottles!
ReplyDeletewhat a day! I love seeing snippets of Aussie life. give those kiddies kisses and hugs from me
ReplyDelete