We really missed not being able to attend Beth and Tanner's wedding but we were thrilled to have seen all that we could through FaceTime. She looked stunning and so happy.
In our intense week we were well looked after by new near and dear friends. Every day we found new surprises on our doorstep. Things from a box of fruit loops and all we needed to make necklaces, fresh blueberries and books, jello cups, ice cream, movies, popcorn, tub full of blue water and animals, cookie dough... we were even fed a delicious breakfast sunday morning.
In effort to survive the heat with a new baby we watched movies inside and in the early mornings before 9am we would head out to the beach before it got too hot. The children cooled off in cold baths and we slept on the floor in my bedroom where we could cool down using fans and a split system on the wall.
Fires were burning statewide and the sun was a constant red for a a few days. The day that the cooler breeze was supposed to arrive some dear friends of ours let the kids come over and play with water and on their trampoline. I took a much needed trip to the store where I ran into Andrew Bogut's sister. We randomly started chatting in the baby section, she asked me where I was from and when I said Utah she said "My brother played for a university there..." How cool is that. She was awesome and so much fun to talk to, I got to meet her adorable little boy and hear about their family events coming up. Funny how I am now living in the area where Andrew Bogut grew up.
One day we took a drive down to the Mornington Peninsula visiting different McDonalds . This particular day players and fans at the Australian Open were passing out from the heat and there were fires all across Victoria.
Aaron was busy busy back in Utah...
We were so excited to welcome him back.










Love the commentary and pictures! You will be so glad you documented it all, especially those crazy hot days.
ReplyDelete