24 January 2008

Update...

This past week has been a busy one!
Thursday (17th Jan) the bishopric came over and extended new callings to Aaron and I. Aaron has been called as the Bear Cub Leader and I have been called as the Laurel Advisor in the Young Womens. We are both very excited and Aaron cannot wait to be a part of Elders Quorum.

Friday (18th Jan) was Marcus' 23rd birthday. We had a little birthday bash for him at our house and Nichole made her very first cake, ever! She didn't do too bad. My cousin Justin and his wife Ashley were also down for the weekend for a sealing they went to. We played some fun games and then watched a few episodes of Prison Break! Its so intense and exciting...
Earlier that day Josh had his 2 year doctor appointment. The doctor evaluated this new rash he has all over his body and diagnosed it as 'Petechiae'. This rash is cause by little blood blisters that form under the skin and can be a sign of many different underlying health problems. So they have written up the labwork for us to go and have some blood work done on Josh. We also have to take him in for and Ultrasound because they couldn't find his left testicle, it has gone back up into his abdomen which can be a problem if it doesn't drop. We are just about done sorting out Health Insurance and then we will be taking him into the hospital for all the testing.

Saturday (19th Jan) brought another long day of events. While Aaron was at work Josh helped me do some laundry and clean the house. I then made a few dozen cookies (the Double Chocolate Dream Cookies everyone loves) that we took up to Marc and Tara's. We met up with Marc and Tara around 5 (including Justin and Ashley) and we went out to dinner. We ate at a place called 'Real India'. The Indian food was so delicious. We had Chicken Tika Masala, Chicken Curry, Coconut Chicken, Rice, bread etc... MMMmmmm it was good and Josh loved it! We then spent the
remainder of the evening at Marc and Tara's house playing games, eating cookies and laughing.

Sunday (20th Jan)- We were supposed to go back up to Marc and Tara's for dinner but our day turned into a busy one. After church my companion and I went visiting teaching and then I had Young Women meetings to attend in the evening. When I got home at 2:00 Josh, Aaron, Justin and Ashley were all asleep so I started cooking dinner. We ate dinner around 4:00, relaxed for another hour and then I was off to
my meetings.
Our primary class was really sad to see us go, they sang a goodbye song to Aaron while I took Josh to his nursery class. Everyone is always telling me how much they love Aaron, how he has a wonderful sense of humor and is a wonderful dad! They really like him a lot!

Josh is now beginning this singing phase, he loves to sing! There are a couple of songs that he is picking up the words to and during sacrament meeting he tries to sing the Hymns with us. Not so much singing with words but rather Ooos and Ahhhs. Its so cute!

Monday brought Martin Luther King Jr. Day and lots and lots of snow. When we woke up there was at least 1 foot of snow. While I shoveled the drive way another 6 inches to 1 foot fell down on top of it. It took me nearly 2 hours to shovel the driveway and I was paying for it the next day. My back ached because the snow was so heavy. It was beautiful though! I spent most the day working on Young Women stuff and preparing my lesson for sunday.

Tuesday we were back to our normal weekly schedule. Taylor was back and I was working all day on cleaning, laundry ironing etc. It seems as if the days get shorter and shorter and I cannot find the time I need to get everything done.
My parents brought steph down in the evening because she is off track for a few weeks so she will be staying with us. Then Mary Kate called and invited us over for dinner. So we had a delicious dinner with the Suxo-Sanchez, she made a Cheese and Broccoli soup with homemade bread and a fruit salad. Yum Yum. Josh and Steph then hung out at their house for just over and hour while I went to the Young Women Activity. It was a lot of fun, the girls are so cute!
Things are good though, and we received an email from Scott this morning, he is doing great and likes his new companion.

*The second picture of Joshua is of him after getting into a jar of lotion, he loves to put lotion all over his face and in his hair. Its a bit hard to see it in the picture but it was all over, i found him hiding secretly under Aaron's desk with the bottle of lotion... haha.*

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new callings! I suppose Aaron is so good in Primary because he is on their level and can relate to them =)
    Hope things are going well for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys are ready for a vacation! Busy times. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Suxo-Sanchez famlily huh? Hey, don't they have an incredible son? What happened to him?

    ReplyDelete