This Easter season we celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
"He is the central focus of our worship. He is the Lord who shall come again to reign on earth. He is our King, our Lord, our Master, the living Christ, who stands on the right hand of His Father." - President Gordon B. Hinckley, Ensign March 2008 -
"The Savior's Resurrection assures all of us that someday we, too, will follow Him and experience our own resurrection. What peace, what comfort this great gift is which comes through the loving grace of Jesus Christ, the Savior and Redeemer of all mankind."
- M. Russell Ballard, Ensign May 2004-
This year as we celebrate Easter we are going to try even harder to focus on the true meaning. There are so many resources given to us that it really can't be any easier. This months Ensign is all about the Lord Jesus Christ and it is so powerful. I recommend reading it if you haven't already.
If you have 7 minutes get your family around the computer and watch this video http://jesuschrist.lds.org/SonOfGod/eng/the-bread-of-life/video/the-bread-of-life it is a great way to start your Easter morning off and a great way to bring the spirit into your home. I just finished watching it with Josh and cant wait until Aaron get's home from work to share it with him. This is one of my favorite times of year for many reasons but this particular reason is so huge. Growing up it was Easter and celebrating the Resurrection of Christ where my testimony began to develop and grow. A couple of my favorite hymns are "Redeemer of Israel", "I Know that My Redeemer Lives", "I Stand All Amazed" and "He is Risen" and everytime I hear or sing those hymns I feel such peace and happiness inside.
I don't usually use this blog as my spiritual testimony journal ( I have a personal one at home in which I do that) but I had to write down a few of my feelings as it is Easter Sunday tomorrow.
I hope you all have a marvelous day!
It warmed my heart to read your thoughts on Easter, it certainly made me think more deeper about the meaning of Easter. Thanks for sharing. Mum x
ReplyDelete