It is getting harder and harder to take decent pictures of my kids but I did manage to get a couple good ones at least. It didn't work out so great when I tried to get in the picture with them.
We went to watch one of Aaron's soccer games one evening. They played the Xango team on the field that RSL used to practice on. The kids loved running around and kicking their own soccer balls. At one point I turned around to see that Josh had handfuls of trash and carried them to the trash can. I was a bit grossed out and quickly cleaned his hands but was so impressed that he had done that all on his own. He has no idea that I took these pictures of him but I did tell him how proud I was of his community service :)

That same evening my parents made a surprise visit once we got home. They brought some pizza which was so perfect as Aaron had headed out to another soccer game and I was trying to figure out what to do quickly for dinner.
We had a nice relaxing time outside on the swing watching the kids play together on the slide. Joseph was really loving it outside and was so alert.

The next day was as busy as ever. We did lots of yard work.
Here Josh and Rachael are picking strawberries from our enormous strawberry bushes. They completely took over and I ended up pulling up half of the bushes. Those things are so hard to clear out. This year we didn't end up with enough for me to make jam like last year because the kids had eaten nearly all of them.
That evening after Aaron headed off to a scout camp I braved up and took the kids to a Lehi Parade (Joseph was only 3 weeks old). I met up with some great friends who helped make the experience a good one. Josh and Rach ended up coming home with way too much candy and had a really good time. It was so fun watching them dance to the music and wave to everyone. Even more fun watching them frantically pick up as much candy as possible.
The video below just cracks me up, they danced like this nearly the whole time.
The video below just cracks me up, they danced like this nearly the whole time.
The day after the parade my parents were kind enough to take Josh and Rach out fishing with them. Rachael caught and reeled in her first fish. They had a great time! Thanks grandma and grandpa! (pictures courtesy of my mom and dad)
One day I was clearing out a bunch of card board boxes and before I could break them down into our recycling bin it turned into a house that they played in all day. It ended up inside for a couple days before it made it's way to the recycling truck but it got some great use. :)
Story time with Daddy
This is probably the kids most favorite thing before bed. Aaron always makes the stories so exciting and fun. Here in these pictures Aaron was reading from the Book of Mormon Stories. He was reading them chapter 28: The Zoramites and the Rameumptom. The best was when Aaron went to read to them the next night Rachael requested the Rameumptom story. It was hilarious hearing her try to say that word.
Joseph at 4 weeks old







Will your parents take me fishing too please?
ReplyDeleteLove the pic with Aaron reading to the kids!!
ReplyDelete