27 July 2011

Running

Running is something that does not come easily for me but when I do get out and run it always feels so good. Not necessarily during the run but following it I always feel so good. Now this doesn't mean I am not tired it just means that I have a different start to my day and I always seem to enjoy it and endure it better.

Since having Joseph , I started running again just 2 weeks ago. I'm starting out slow and it is not easy getting up so stinking early to do it but it's been well worth it. 

In particular, last Friday morning felt so great. I was in no rush to get home so that Aaron could leave for work (he had the day off) so I enjoyed it more. After arriving home everyone was still fast asleep so I stretched outside and did an hour of weed pulling. While enjoying the nice crisp morning air I couldn't help but capture the beauty on the plants surrounding me.


Regular exercise offers our minds and bodies a welcome release from the pressures of everyday life.
-Larry A. Tucker-
(Move More, Stress Less! Aug 2004 Ensign)

That is exactly what it did for me that day!
This is a great article to read if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment