31 January 2014
The main city here in Melbourne is incredible! I could spend hours and hours exploring it.
Prams here are super expensive, $500-$900 for a pram is considered reasonable. Yikes.
I started looking online for a inexpensive used one. The one I brought over is not compatible for Melbourne's tiny spaces. I needed one of the compact double easy to maneuver types.
I found these grandparents that were willing to give a complete set to me for $80. No Way! It was so worth it. So I drove up to Tullamarine (about a 50 minute drive) and collected it. It was the best purchase.
I then decided to meet Aaron in the big city for lunch. I was brave; driving in the city is a serious talent you must have. So many confusing junctions and new road signs etc. Luckily I made it ok.
Parking was SO expensive and the parking garage was so tiny. I got stuck a couple times moving inch by inch back and forth trying to get out of a tight turn. It was terrible.
Once we were out and about it was glorious. We walked to this French Restaurant where we shared a delicious chicken salad and calamari with the best chips (fries) i have ever had. Seppi was loving the calamari and ate more than half. For dessert we spoiled ourselves with bread and butter pudding. The BEST EVER! If you haven't tried it, it's a must.
It took me over an hour to get out of the city and I barely made it back in time to collect Rach and Josh from school but it turned out to be a wonderful day.
These are the best kind of days.



I love your shirt Kim! You are so brave to drive in the city!!
ReplyDelete