20 July 2011

June - Part 1 of 2

Besides the arrival of our beautiful new baby boy June was as busy as ever.

These pictures were taken when Joseph was simply 5 days old. So precious and amazing how alert he was even then.



One Week Old
I did a quick photo shoot to celebrate Joseph at one week. 
Josh and Rachael are so great with him. They are both so gentle and kind. I hear them speaking sweetly to him all throughout the day and ask me over and over if they can hold him.

We finally had a warm enough day (5 days after coming home from the hospital) that I turned on the sprinklers and let the kids run through them. They were loving it!

A few days later we packed a lunch (Josh had been begging to have a picnic) and drove out to the lake. Unfortunately when we got there it became very windy and Rachael and Joseph were both fast asleep. So I set up a picnic lunch for Josh in the back of the car and we sat there together chatting away. It was some good one on one time we had.

 The next day Aaron had taken a half day off work and we took the kids swimming up at Mama and Pop's clubhouse pool. They had so much fun and I enjoyed my cuddles with Joseph while watching.


Just some other random pictures of the kids playing in their little pool in the back and wearing their new goggles.

The New Playset
Aaron spent many many hours putting this thing together but the kids absolutely LOVE it. It is so nice to have a playground in our own backyard :) Every day at least once or twice i'll catch Josh and Rachael outside together playing on this. The swings are their favorite!

These are some random pictures I have taken of Joseph in June. 
I can always tell when he is comfortable because he will have both hands up near his face. Even if I wrap him up tightly in a blanket he will wriggle his way around to get those arms free and up near his face. It's so adorable.
The bottom right is a picture I took in the hospital, he was even doing it then.

1 comment: