On March 30th after a long tiring day Aaron returned home from playing soccer earlier than normal. As he came crawling into the house pale white and sweating buckets I knew something was wrong.
He had hurt his ankle quite badly. While he worked through the pain of me taking off his shoes, shin guards and socks I tried to analyze the situation and decide what needed to be done. As it was quite late a night I got some crutches from a neighbor so he could at least try to go sit in the bath. Nope, way too painful he nearly blacked out. Yikes.
Thanks to a rescue of some great friends Carl took Aaron to the ER while I stayed home with the sleeping kids (Mum, Dad & Beth were in Denver visiting Jess, Ben & Jack). They got home around 2 a.m. No broken bones but lots of damage done. Lots of healing ahead of us.
Aaron's wonderful co-workers stopped by with loads of wonderful gifts. He is such a spoiled man getting flowers, balloons, candy, authored signed book, popcorn, brownies, movies etc.
After nearly 12 weeks, a few visits with an orthopedic surgeon, X-rays and MRI's, walking boot, ice packs and ankle braces he is moving around just fine and playing soccer again but his ankle still doesn't look right. It is still a bit swollen and really tight. I think he may need to have it looked at again.
On to a better note: EASTER
We decided awhile back that we wanted to give our kids their Easter baskets and egg hunts on the Saturday before so that we could focus on the true meaning that Sunday.
So Saturday morning we did just that and enjoyed relaxing while listening to General Conference.
(those Ferrero Rocher's were not for Rachael by the way) :)
My mom had put together little easter baskets for the kids and had them go around the house in search for candy and money filled eggs. They then colored a few easter eggs with Steph and then we all enjoyed a few of the chocolate covered strawberries I made. Yum!
Family:
The McReynold's were in town so we got to spend some time with them. I had a great time taking their family photos the Monday after easter and enjoyed bowling and a few games of lazer tag. That was great fun and so nice to see them again.




No comments:
Post a Comment