25 June 2010

Hawaii - Day 4

Tuesday May 25, 2010

This morning we headed straight out to the bay where we relaxed and I had my very first experience swimming in the ocean. Yep, very first! I had seen the ocean several times but never actually swam in it. I then went straight into my first snorkeling experience. AWESOME! I loved it and couldn't believe how many fish (including seriously large ones) were swimming right under me. So cool!

We had so much fun there we quickly got a bite to eat and then drove a short distance to Electric Beach. There I learned a bit about the large crashing waves and strong current. The bay at our resort is protected so there aren't larges waves coming in. Here there was no protection. I got a little carried away snorkeling I wasn't paying attention to how far out I had gone. I really wasn't far from the shore but I started freaking out when I tried swimming for the shore and couldn't. I was kicking as hard as I could and was only being pulled backwards. I soon remembered to swim diagonally towards the shore and soon enough I was back. Whew! :)

All dressed up we then headed up to the PCC again for our Luau first stopping off at the Laie Temple. This time we drove our awesome KIA. HA. Unfortunately the temple has been closed but we still got to admire it's outward beauty and we even met Elder Mark Eubank there. He was awesome and gave us a little tour and taught us some cool things about the temple, BYU Hawaii and the PCC.

Our Luau at the PCC was perfect. Food was delicious and the entertainment exciting. We even got these enormous delicious smoothies that came in hollowed out pineapples. So cool!
Afterwards we went to see the show 'HA'. Call me emotional but it moved me. I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment