Thursday May 27th,2010
Waking up to our last day in Hawaii was a little saddening but we didn't waist any time. We went straight to Pearl Harbor and spent a few hours there. It was a new experience being in a place where great tragedy happened. I stood there imagining the horror that happened there back in December 1942.
My great grandfather was in Pearl Harbor just before the tragedy but he was sent home to California for Christmas right before it happened. My grandma (his daughter) was in grade school when this happened.
The rest of the day me and Aaron drove to Kailua beach. Rate the #1 beach in the USA and rightly so. The place was paradise. We didn't have much time there and I wish we would have spent a day there.
We headed back to Waikiki where we were hoping to para-sail but ran out of time. Bummer.
Before heading to the airport we watched the sunset one last time from the beach at our resort. It was sad.
We had such a great time in Oahu and can't wait for the day we can go back. There were so many things we missed out on doing. We'll just have to go back to do them all... :)



Wow - what an experience you guys had!! I have loved reading about it and seeing your amazing photos - I'm so jealous!! So glad you had such fun making memories x x
ReplyDelete