From personal experience I now have an even stronger knowledge of how important journals are.
I do really well remembering events by seeing pictures that I had taken so recording memories through pictures is a huge deal for me.
Recently I accidentally lost all the pictures from Rachael first walking, Joshua first riding his bike without training wheels, pop's birthday party, and all the pictures from our anniversary trip to Park City. I was devastated and wanted to cry uncontrollably. I couldn't believe it and was so mad at myself.
Luckily I ran into my room and got my journal. I found those dates and quickly began to read, I was soon settled and comfortable for I had recorded a great amount of detail from those days. I am so glad I did!
There are often times while writing my journal (sometimes often late at night) that I wonder if I am even making sense or if it's even worth mentioning. This experience has confirmed everything to be worth while.
As I read what I wrote about those days I can mentally see those pictures exactly as I took them on those days. It's just a shame I can't share it with anyone. But i'm even more grateful for journals and have more appreciation and dedication for writing in mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment