Yesterday my mom took me and the kids up to the zoo for the day. We got up there soon after it opened which was perfect. It was just overcast enough to keep it a manageable temperature. The animals were out interacting and Rachael was going crazy for the monkeys. She loved it!
Around lunch time the clouds were gone and the sun was out and hot! It went from a nice cool wet morning to blistering humid heat. We got a couple quick snacks. Drank some nice ice cold water and headed off to finish our adventure.
Seeing all the animals was a lot of fun but Josh was more concerned about riding the train. So our last stop we took the train ride. Once we sat down I snapped a few pictures because the kids were hilarious. They both looked extremely tired yet excited to be on the train. Rachael was a little more fearful and unsure what was happening.
I have to say that my favorite part were the birds at the bird show. INCREDIBLE!
We left the zoo around 2ish, cooled off in a nice air conditioned car, picked up some lunch and frosties from Wendy's and ate at a park. We ate at this park that sits on the fault line. Kinda cool and creepy at the same time. Rachael fell asleep on the blanket and I was wanting to join her so badly. I don't know what it is but a day at the zoo zaps me. I never have an ounce of energy left the rest of the day.
We had a great time! Thanks mom for taking us!





No comments:
Post a Comment