July 11th - 15th 2012
The morning of July 11th we were pumped and ready for our drive down to Bullfrog. It had been 8 years since we went to Bullfrog last, way too long if you ask me... It was also Rachael and Joseph's first time to Lake Powell.
Thanks to an idea I found on Pintrest I loaded up these nice little organizers with treats for the kids. After we had been on the road for awhile their eyes lit up with excitement when I pulled them out.
At the first site of the lake I got a little teary eyed. This place was the place of my childhood. It's what I remember the most and miss so much.
Once we got to the lake we spent the evening on the water until the sunset and enjoyed a nice dinner on the boat. We ended up staying in a hotel in Ticaboo instead of camping which worked out perfectly in the end. Free breakfast provided each morning and a place to allow the kids (esp Joseph) to cool off in the evenings. It was HOT down there.
Wake boarding is a must! Unfortunately for me I always wait too long to take my turn and then end up not getting out there (the weather wasn't good the last two days). It's been a long time since I was out there.
Happy Kids! There was also a good amount of whining too :)
Earlier this year we enjoyed a trip to Escalante where we were able to visit some of the historical Hole in the Rock pioneer spots. It was so neat to actually see the location from the water where the pioneers brought their wagons down the insane slopes. It was very moving and mind blowing to imagine what they did so many years ago.
To give an idea at the size of this, there is a boat in the bottom left corner and a man hiking up the rocks just up from that.
Rainbow Bridge wasn't in our original plans but it was such a perfect day and the drive there was beautiful. There were hardly any boats in the channel all day, no wind, clear skies and it was HOT!
My mom offered to stay back on the boat with Rachael and Joseph, it was so hot we didn't think they would be able to make the hike up to the bridge. They stayed cooler then we did and fed the fish.
Once we got to the bridge we had enough. We were there long enough to snap some pictures and then head back down to the boat. I can feel the intense heat just looking at these pictures.









No comments:
Post a Comment