19 July 2012

Pre 4th of July Acitivity

Staying busy is something I thrive off. As long as I have lots to do and to look forward to the more I can get done and the more motivation I have. The only downside is that being so busy at times I get sloppy with things or get too overwhelmed. This day was a prime example:

It was a packed full day and I was heading out with the kids to meet up with my parents to go to the Riverton carnival. Trying to scramble out the door with everything we needed I mindlessly set my camera down in the car (without it's case). Josh climbed in over it and it got bumped out, I watched in slow motion as the camera heavily fell towards the cement and crashed onto it lens first. Something shattered and I immediately felt sick to my stomach. I wanted to cry and scream at the same time.

Josh got really upset and asked how much he would need to save to buy me a new one, when I told him how much the lens was he started to hysterically cry. It broke my heart to see his compassion. I did my best to calm him down and explain that it wasn't his fault. I picked everything up and we drove straight to my parents house. 

There my dad worked wonders and helped me salvage my lens and camera. Luckily for me I had a uv filter protector on this particular lens and that is all that broke. But it sure was hard to get off. The tool seen below is what was used and it took both mine and my dad's strength to get it off.
I am so lucky and have learned my lesson...

While sorting my camera the kids played outside. The girls painted red white and blue nails and the boys wrestled. We also ate some delicious cookies made by grandma!

After that I left my camera behind and we headed out to the carnival. The kids were so excited.
My parents treated the kids to such a wonderful time. Lots of fun old time rides and fun things to see and do. I haven't been to a carnival in such a long time and I loved it.



Rachael got on the roller coaster with Josh (seen above) and was full of excitement for it, but as soon as it started up her face changed drastically. She didn't complain though and rode with a partial smile. As the ride ended she came off running to me in tears and exclaimed "I don't like that ride mom, it hurt my tummy". After that she sat in the stroller with Joseph the rest of the night.


Thanks for the special night mom and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment