By now he is a pro, starting and stopping all on his own and riding around the neighborhood. He calls his training wheels, baby wheels and says he no longer needs them because he is not a baby.
April 27th We celebrated our 6th year anniversary!
A couple weekends before our actual anniversary we went up to Park City for a couple nights. I accidentally lost all the pictures I took and I am devastated by that but luckily I kept my journal up to date and recorded those days. We had a great time at the Salt Lake Temple where we did sealings with one of Aaron's mission presidents brothers. That was cool! We did some major shopping at the Tanger outlets, rode the Alpine Coaster, ate at a yummy Mexican restaurant Baja Cantina, watched Date Night at the local cinema and made our own chocolate strawberry Heath shakes. Yum! We had a great time.
The day of our anniversary Aaron surprised me with some gorgeous flowers and we got a new car (Honda Pilot). I have to say, I LOVE IT!
Aaron's family found a lovely home and so on the 1st of May they moved out of our home and into theirs. They seemed very excited to be getting their own stuff again and to start settling into a place of their own. The past 6 nearly 7 months they've lived with us have been wonderful and hard at times but we are so glad they have made the move over and have gotten their permanent residency. You can see more about how they are doing HERE.
Rachael took her first 3 steps on May 2nd and was walking sturdily on her own by June 11th.
May 7th was Pop's birthday. Mum had a birthday party for him a few nights before and we got to celebrate along with Jess, Ben and Jack who were in town for the night. Josh got to spend the night with Jack at Mama and Pop's house. He loved that!
They day of Pop's birthday I got up early with the kids and we went down to make him a large breakfast. I then took the kids to a park where we played around for awhile.
May 9th - Mother's Day.
A beautiful day that was. Rachael actually fell asleep in my arms at church, that NEVER happens! I was given some perfume, cute decoration from Josh, chocolate and some gorgeous daisies from my mom.
We were very fortunate that day to get to see both of our Moms. I am so grateful for the mothers in my life!






I want your life. You went to Hawaii, kid free for a week, went shopping, got flowers AND a new car???? I need to hang out with you more and see what you are doing right!
ReplyDeleteI know... I'm not going to deny that it was an awesome couple of months. It all just ended up happening at the same time. We should totally hang out! Then you'll realize i'm not doing anything different. I was just a lucky girl those months. Now onto more hard work :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post and covering many things; we love the photos, especially the one of Rachael with Jess she looks so serious oh and of the Mums :-)
ReplyDelete