Saturday May 22, 2010
I just love this postcard I made dont you? :) Going to Hawaii was an incredible experience. It was such a last minute trip It came and went all too fast. My uncle has a timeshare on the island of Oahu and wasn't going to use his week in May so we got the opportunity to. We also had two free flights so we were not going to pass it up!
We booked our flights, planned out trip and left the night of Friday May 21st 2010.
As soon as Aaron got of work we packed the kids and their stuff up and headed to Aaron's parents house. They were graciously going to have our kids for a week. We picked up a Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner, ate and got the kids tucked into bed before we left. I had bought some nice crib bedding to fill the crib to help make it nice and cozy. As I tucked Rachael into bed and gave kisses I couldn't help but shed a few tears. Laugh all you want but when these gorgeous children are apart of your every waking moment you feel like you are leaving an important piece behind. I was truly going to miss them. I was ok and excited anyway.
We made our way to the airport and caught our flight to Vegas at 9:40 p.m. The flight was horrible as there was so much turbulence and we were on the back row so we had the loud engine noise and our seats didn't recline but we were on our way to Hawaii! Once in Vegas we had just over 4 hours before catching our next flight to Honolulu at 2:45 a.m. Can't say hanging out in the Vegas airport for 4 hours in the middle of the night is much exciting but we share A LOT of laughs with our good friends Carl and Tawny. I think we were so tired we didn't know what we were laughing at most the time. I think they were laughing more at me than at anything else because of my experience going through security (all to do with a simple innocent question) and then Pizza Hut.
We boarded our flights and slept the whole way. That was so nice. All the previous flights I remember I was constantly battling with a toddler on the long flights to Europe.
We landed in Honolulu around 5:30 a.m. and began our day there by picking up our rental cars. Carl and Tawny rented this gorgeous Mustang Convertible and we got a cheap Kia. Haha. We were happy with our kia :)
Only a 20-30 minute drive and we were at our resort. The Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Resort. It was INCREDIBLE and beyond what I could have ever imagined. We wandered around in awe probably with our mouths wide open.
As it was only 8 in the morning we explored the resort and the beach. There was a Costco and Target very close by so we went to Costco to pick up a few things and ate lunch there.
We spent most the day relaxing on the beach.
That evening we got ourselves ready for a night in Waikiki. Today was Carl's birthday so we were going into town for dinner. We ended up eating at The Cheesecake Factory. Mmmm!
From there we shopped at this fun little outdoor shopping center with loads of little booths. I got myself a gorgeous pearl, some jewelery and a beautiful dress.



I do love your postcard and I'm excited for the next 5 days :-)
ReplyDeleteOh that looks so super fun!! And I totally understand about being sad (but happy, too) about leaving your kids, Rob's parents are babysitting our kids overnight on Thursday and it will be the first time Alexander wont be here, I am already a little sad (but happy, too). :)
ReplyDelete